“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
National Incident Management System (NIMS) Information
What is NIMS?
NIMS is a comprehensive, national approach to incident management that is applicable at all jurisdictional levels and across functional disciplines. It is intended to:
- Be applicable across a full spectrum of potential incidents, hazards, and impacts, regardless of size, location or complexity.
- Improve coordination and cooperation between public and private entities in a variety of incident management activities.
- Provide a common standard for overall incident management.
Utilize the tabs below to locate pertinent information and documents related to your municipality or entity.
Download, print or complete (fillable forms) to help strengthen your emergency preparedness and response plans.
- Municipal Information
- K-12 School Information
- Higher Learning Facilities
- Child Care Facilities
- Personal Care Facilities
- Houses of Worship
Municipal Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Documents
Other Useful Municipal Documents / Information
- For water conditions and flood forecasting:
- USGS Water Now – alerting system
- For flood mapping / inundation mapping:
K-12 School Facility Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Documents with Supporting Information
K-12 Hazard Information and Evaluation Documents
Institution of Higher Learning Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Documentation / InformationFEMA EOP Guide
Other Useful Institution of Higher Learning Planning Resources / Documents
Houses of Worship Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) InformationFEMA EOP Guide
Looking for additional assistance or guidance?
The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) has created the CEM Planner to assist local and county agencies during their planning processes. The CEM Planner is planning software utilizing a continual preparedness system designed to enhance planning and resource management capabilities. CEM Planner is a central access point for every stakeholder of a plan to view the most current and up-to-date plan for that entity. The program guides you through every step of the planning process. It is designed so that individual sections of your plan can be updated and approved, without the need for a complete plan revision.