L-950 NIMS ICS Incident Commander (IC) Course
5 – Day / 40 – hour Course
Course Date(s) & Times:
- Monday, January 22, 2023 – 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 23, 2024 – 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024 – 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 25, 2024 – 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 26, 2024 – 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Course Description: This course is designed to provide local and state-level emergency responders with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities and capabilities of an effective Incident Commander (IC) on an All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT). These responsibilities fall into two categories: 1) responding to the incident and command needs of the incident, and 2) effectively fulfilling the position responsibilities of an IC on an All-Hazards ICS IMT. Exercises, simulations, discussions, and a final exam enable participants to process and apply their new knowledge.
Target Audience: Any personnel who perform IC duties within the ICS structure such as: Fire services; Law Enforcement (LE); Emergency Medical Services (EMS); Hospital personnel; Public Health Services; Emergency Management organizations; City, County, State, Tribal and Federal Medical agencies
Course Prerequisites (Mandatory): IS-100, IS-200, ICS-300, ICS-400, IS-700 and IS-800
* Course Prerequisites (Recommendations): G-191, O-305 and O-307
Location: Northampton County EOC – 100 Gracedale Avenue, Nazareth, PA 18064 (Directions/Map)
Online Registration: Two-step registration is required. First register onTrainPA; once complete you will register on NETC/EMI. Use Coupon Code 24031 on the NETC registration site.
* Comments, questions or concerns please contact EM Operations & Training Manager Mr. Michael A. Rampulla at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-746-3194 x3229.